Last updated: March 23, 2015
You are free to:
- Contribute content such as documentation, issue queue discussions, forum posts, and more.
- Share and Reuse content under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License..
- Publish code under the GNU General Public License version 3 or later.
Under the following conditions:
- Responsibility – You take responsibility for your contributions (since we only host your content).
- Civility – You act in accordance with the Dev4X community Code of Conduct.
- Lawful Behavior – You do not violate copyright or other laws.
- No Harm – You do not harm our technology infrastructure.
There are many activities on the Website that do not require an account. However, an account may be required for certain types of activities, such as posting to forums or uploading code. Following is important information about your account.
1. To access some of the resources this website offers, you will need to create an account and provide your email address, a username, and a password.
2. User accounts are intended for personal use by an individual.
3. If you are sharing your user account with multiple people (e.g. as your “official” organization account), you are not allowed to do the following using this account:
- commit code to Git repositories on the Website
- create any content except for organization, case study or project content
- comment on content
If you are sharing your user account with multiple people you ARE allowed to:
- create project content
- create organization content
- create case study content
- submit translations to dev4x.com
4. We welcome community members of any age, however if you are under 13 years old, we ask you to use the site with your parents, or with their consent.
5. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password and all activities that occur under the account. You should never disclose your password to any third party.
6. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your user account or any other breach of security by sending an email to email@example.com. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session from a public or shared computer.
1. The Website, its features and functionality are owned by the Dev4X Organization.
2. Content, including user-generated content like comments and discussions (except for the code) on the Website is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License except where the content is shared from a third-party source where the license is cited. It is the user’s responsibility to obtain appropriate licensing and attribution for content they post to the site. Content without appropriate licensing or attribution will be removed.
3. All code on dev4x.com is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 3 or later.
4. In order to host code in Dev4X.org’s version control system, you will have to accept Git access agreement and agree to the Dev4X Git Repository Usage policy.
5. We cannot and do not undertake to review all materials before they are posted on the Website, and cannot ensure immediate removal of any objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided for the Website by any user or third party.
6. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any third party content posted on the Website. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The Dev4X Project only exists because of the vibrant community of users like you who collaborate to write, edit, curate and contribute code and documentation. We happily welcome your participation in this community. We ask you to be civil and polite in your interactions with others in the community, to act in good faith, and to make contributions aimed at furthering the success of Dev4X.
Certain activities, whether legal or illegal, may be harmful to other users and violate our rules, and some activities may also subject you to liability. Therefore, in order to ensure that Website is a safe place for all users, you may not engage in such activities on our sites.
You agree that:
- You are responsible for what you publish.
- While publishing content on the Website you will respect the Dev4X Code of Conduct.
- The content you publish will not contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- The content you publish will not promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- The content you publish will not knowingly infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property rights of any other person, company or organization.
- You will not use the Website to transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any "spam", "junk mail", "chain letter" or any other similar solicitation.
- You will not impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Dev4X Organization or a Dev4X Organization employee, another user, or person or entity (including, without limitation, the use of email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing);
- The primary language of the site is English. The narrative content you publish in issue queues, case studies and on project pages will be written in English. Other languages may be used in other areas of the site, including Groups and Forums, for example.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any way that violates any applicable law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries);
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party's use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website;
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website;
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website; or
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
D. Monitoring and Enforcement
From time to time the need may arise to address an especially problematic user because of significant Project disturbance or dangerous behavior. In such cases, we reserve the right, but do not have the obligation to:
1. Exercise our enforcement discretion with respect to the above terms. Accounts not following the guidelines listed above will be blocked. Content which does not follow the guidelines listed above will be removed.
2. Take appropriate legal action, including referral to law enforcement for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website, cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court orders requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website.
3. You waive and hold harmless the Organization from any claims resulting from any action taken by the Organization during or as a result of investigations by either the Organization or law enforcement authorities.
We certainly hope you will stay with the Dev4X community for a long time, but you can stop using our services at any time.
1. You can delete your account at any time. Upon deletion all private and personally identifying information from your user profile will be deleted.
2. Public content you created, such as issues, forum posts, projects, documentation page revisions, etc. won’t be deleted. All this content will be attributed to ‘Anonymous’ user.
3. Once deleted, your account is gone and can not be restored.
4. If you are a relative or a friend of a deceased user, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take steps to lock their user account and protect the privacy and data of the deceased person. Verification may be required.
G. General conditions
1. You may link to the Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not suggest any form of approval or endorsement on our part. The Website must not be framed on any other site.
2. Links from the Website to other sites and resources provided by third parties are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. Although the Website contains links to third-party websites and resources, we do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for their availability, accuracy, or the related content, products, or services (including, without limitation, any viruses or other disabling features), nor do we have any obligation to monitor such third-party content.
3. You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for download from the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through your use of our services is done at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any content or communication maintained by the service. We retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time with or without notice.
At the Organization, we do our best to provide quality content to a very wide audience, but your use of our services is at your sole risk. We provide these services on an "as is" and "as available" basis, and we expressly disclaim all express or implied warranties of all kinds, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We make no warranty that our services will meet your requirements, be safe, secure, uninterrupted, timely, accurate, or error-free, or that your information will be secure.
4. Limitation on liability. In no event will the Organization, its affiliates or their licensors, service providers, employees, agents, officers, or directors be liable for damages of any kind, under any legal theory, arising out of or in connection with your use, or inability to use, the Website, any websites linked to it, any content on the Website or such other websites or any services or items obtained through the Website or such other websites, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, including but not limited to, personal injury, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of business or anticipated savings, loss of use, loss of goodwill, loss of data, and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable. The foregoing does not affect any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
5. Arbitration. All disputes (whether in contract, tort or otherwise, whether statutory, common law or equitable and whether pre-existing, present or future) against the Organization, its agents, employees, affiliates, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Organization Affiliates"), relating to these Terms or any aspect of the Website will be resolved by binding arbitration administered by the Mediator of our choosing. That arbitration will be conducted before a single neutral arbitrator and will be limited solely to the dispute between the Organization and you, the user. The arbitration will be conducted in the sate of New York, or by telephone or online. Any award of the arbitrator will be final and binding on each of the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. Either you or the Organization may, without violating this provision, seek from a court any equitable relief that may be necessary to protect the rights or property of that person pending the appointment of an arbitrator (or pending the arbitrator's determination of the merits of the controversy), and in those cases, you irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of any state or federal court sitting in the State of Oregon, you waive any objection to jurisdiction and venue in those courts and any claim that forum is inconvenient, and you agree not to initiate any proceeding against the Organization in any other jurisdiction.
Via postal mail:
90 STATE ST STE 700, OFFICE 40, ALBANY NY 12207-1707
United States of America